74th Anniversary of the Liberation of the Dachau Concentration Camp
On Sunday the 5th May 2019, a Service of Remembrance for the 74th Anniversary of the Liberation of Dachau Concentration Camp will take place, at the invitation of the President of the Comité International de Dachau (CID) and with the support of the Bavarian Memorial Sites Foundation.
The day will begin with religious Services of Remembrance:
- at 9:30 am an ecumenical service will take place in the Carmelite Convent of the Holy Blood, at the same time as a Russian Orthodox service in the Christ Resurrection Remembrance Chapel. -
- at 9:45 am the Union of Israeli Cultural Associations in Bavaria invites you to a memorial service at the Jewish Memorial.
The main service of remembrance organized by the Comité International de Dachau (CID), the International Committee of Dachau survivors and their relatives will begin at 10:45 am. The service will include:
- Words of Remembrance at the former Crematorium
- Procession through to the former roll call area
- Words of thanks and the laying of wreaths by the International Memorial
At approximately 1:00 pm an hour of remembrance will follow at the former SS Shooting Range Hebertshausen.
In connection with the liberation commemorations the Foerderverein invites you to join them for the Reunion of former prisoners, their relatives and those interested who attended the memorial service. The event will take place in the Max-Mannheimer-Haus, Roßwachtstr.15, Dachau.
Friday 3rd of May 2018:
5:00 pm: Laying of a memorial wreath at International Monument (Memorial siteDachau)
6:00 pm: Laying of memorial wreaths at Leitenberg and at the Woodland Cemetery, Dachau-Etzenhausen
Saturday 4rd of May 2018:
6:00 pm: Memorial Service organized by the Supporters of the Death March Memorial Dachau, in remembrance for the Death Marches. Takes place at the Bronze Statue by Hubertus von Pilgrim, Theodor-Heuss-Strasse/ Corner Sudetenlandstrasse.